Saturday, August 30, 2008

Idea #94

Ron guest stars on "The Muppet Show." The scene opens with Ron Burgundy in a leather jacket sitting on some bleachers. He is surrounded by Fozzie, Gonzo, and Rizzo the Rat.

Gonzo
Hey, I wanna hear about what Ron did at the beach.

All
Yeah!

Ron
It was nothin'.

Fozzie
(sarcastic)
Sure, nothin' Burgundy. Right.

Rizzo
C'mon, Ron.

Gonzo
C'mon. Tell us about the girl.

Cut to a scene at a lunch table with Miss Piggy surrounded by Camilla, Olivia Newton-John, and Janice.

Janice
What did you do this summer, Miss Piggy?

Miss Piggy
I spent most of it at the beach. I met a human.

Olivia Newton-John
You went all the way to the beach for some human?

Miss Piggy
This human was special.

Olivia Newton-John
There ain't no such thing. I should know.

Miss Piggy
He was really romantic and he had a great mustache.

Cut back to Ron and the guys on the bleachers.

All
C'mon, man. Tell us.

Ron
Oh, boys, the snout on this girl. But you don't want to hear about that.

Fozzie
Are you kidding me?

Ron
Alright, I'll tell you.

They break into a rousing rendition of "Summer Love" replacing every "girl" with "pig" and every "boy" with "human." We pick up with the last verse. Ron and Miss Piggy have their backs to each other but are unaware of each other's presence. It's more for stage effect.

Miss Piggy
(singing)
It turned colder, that's where it ends

Ron
(singing)
So, I told her, we'd still be friends

Miss Piggy
(singing)
Then we made, our true love vow

Ron
(singing)
She was a pig, the size of a cow

Both
(singing)
Summer breeze between two species but, oh, those summer nights

All
Tell me more, tell me more

Ron and Miss Piggy look sad as the girls and guys look on. The screen fades to black.

No comments: