Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Idea #69

Ron has a date with the new secretary Madeline. She is 22 and very attractive. They are at dinner in a fancy restaurant. In front of each of them is a plate of Beef Wellington. She is not eating.

Ron
Madeline. That's an odd name.

Madeline
I was named after the children's book about the little girl in France.

Ron
What's it called?

Madeline
Madeline.

Ron
I've never heard of it. What's it about?

Madeline
(annoyed)
A little girl in France.

Ron
(not really paying attention anymore)
Fascinating.
(beat)
Are you enjoying your meal? They have the best Beef Wellington.

Madeline
Yeah. I don't eat this. I tried to tell you while you were ordering for me but you put your finger over my mouth from across the table.

Ron
You can do to put a few pounds on that frame.

Madeline
(takes deep breath)
What I'm saying is I don't eat meat.

Ron
(in a lower voice)
You can eat it. I won't tell any of your cult members.

Madeline
I'm going to order a salad.

Ron
I'll have them wrap that up so you can take it home. You know, eat it in private.

Madeline
I'm just going to go. This was a mistake. You're too old for me.

Ron
Too old for you? I'm 28!

Madeline
So that means you've been doing the news since you were 12?

Ron
I matured at a very early age. I had this mustache when I was 10. It was a glandular thing.

Madeline
Good night, Mr. Burgundy.

Madeline walks away.

Ron
You're not going to wait for your doggie bag!
(beat)
See you at work tomorrow!

No comments: