Saturday, August 9, 2008

Idea #73

Ron stops by Champ's office to see what his plans are for lunch. Champ is sitting at his desk with his hat pulled down taking a nap. On the wall is a tear-away pad with the number 683 on it. Written above the pad is "Nadia and Champ." Ron knocks.

Ron
Hey, Champ. What are you doing for lunch?

Champ
I feel like ribs and beer.

Ron
Sounds good.
(points to wall)
What's that?

Champ
You like it?

Ron
I don't know. I don't know what it is, yet. How can I form an opinion?

Champ
It's my official countdown to when I can be with Nadia Coma-Comani-that gymnast. 

Ron
The one from the Olympics?

Ron
Yup. That's how many days until she's sixteen.

Ron
Isn't the age of consent eighteen? You've gotten in trouble for that mixup before.

Champ
I got it covered this time. She only has to be sixteen in St. Kitts.

Ron
Where's that?

Champ
Beats the hell out of me but have you seen the way she bends? I'll find St. Kitts for that. Am I right?

Ron
Yes?

Champ
Forget her routine, her body's a perfect 10.

Ron
She's shaped like a toddler. Besides, you're going to forget who she is two weeks after the Olympics are over.

Champ
That's not true. She will be mine.

Cut to twelve days later. Ron stops by Champ's office for lunch plans. Champ is not there. On the wall, the name "Nadia" is crossed out and written above is "Kate Jackson." Ron smirks.

No comments: