Monday, August 25, 2008

Idea #89

Ron is on the set of "The Love Boat." He and the director had some problems in an earlier scene (see Idea #88) but Ron has kept to the script lately knowing it would get him to this scene. The current scene is the kiss between Ron and Ann-Margret.

Ann-Margret
Now, Ron, I'm sure you'll be a gentleman despite your attraction to me.

Ron
Ann-Margret, I'm shocked! I just hope you can resist these lips. For decades, women have been getting lost in them.

Ann-Margret
So, if anything happens, it's my fault.

Ron
Entirely.

Jim Hubert
Ok, everyone. Scene forty-four. Let's get Ron ready.

Two guys with buckets come up to Ron. They soak him in water. The hair and makeup girl comes over and combs his hair nicely. 

Jim Hubert
Positions.

Ron is held to look like he's hanging from the boat by two men dressed like deck hands. Bernie Kopell is standing behind the two deck hands. Ann-Margret stands next to Gavin MacLeod.

Jim Hubert
Action!

The two deck hands drag Ron onto the boat. Bernie Kopell tends to him.

Gavin MacLeod
(as Captain Stubing)
What happened?

Ann-Margret
(as Bianca Sheppard)
I was walking along the deck and he yelled out, "I'll get it!" as he dove past me off the boat.

Gavin MacLeod
(as Captain Stubing)
Do you know him?

Ann-Margret
(as Bianca Sheppard)
We met on the ship and he's been...trying to get my attention. I hope he's ok.

Ron coughs out some water.

Bernie Kopell
(as Doc)
He's going to be fine. A little water down the wrong pipe.

Ron groans. His right hand is closed tightly in a fist. He sits up.

Bernie Kopell
(as Doc)
Take it easy, Mr. Barnes.

Ron
(as Laszlo Barnes)
You dropped this.

Ron opens his fist to show a diamond earring. Ann-Margret looks at it and checks her ear in shock.

Ann-Margret
(as Bianca Sheppard)
My earring!

Ann-Margret squats down to take it from him but remains at Ron's level with a look of wonder on her face.

Ron
(as Laszlo Barnes)
I saw you walking on the deck and I saw this sparkle fall from your ear and bounce off the boat. I remember how you told me they were your grandmother's earrings and how much they meant to you. I knew you would be upset if you lost it. Before I could talk myself out of it, I jumped.

Ann-Margret leans in and kisses Ron. She lingers a bit and parts from him.

Ann-Margret
(as Bianca Sheppard)
You're wonderful.

They kiss again.

Bernie Kopell
(as Doc)
Well, I guess he's fine.

Everyone else walks away as the Ron and Ann-Margret kiss.

Jim Hubert
Cut. That was great everyone. Shall we do another take?

Ron
Yes! I mean for safety's sake if that's ok with Ann.

Ann-Margret
Another take would be nice.

Ann-Margret smiles at Ron.

Ron
(hastily)
Where are those buckets! Places people!

No comments: