Thursday, August 7, 2008

Idea #71

Brian shows up at Ron's office at the end of the work day. He has a sexy woman on each arm. Gina on the left. Marci on the right.

Brian
You got any plans for tonight? We're looking for a fourth.

Ron
This must be my lucky day.

The girls giggle.

Ron
So, where are we taking these fine ladies?

Brian
I don't know, girls. Where do you wanna go?

Marci
Can we go to the roller disco?

Brian
I don't know.

Marci
Please!

Gina
Please!

Brian goes by Ron.

Brian
(under breath)
What's a roller disco?

Ron
(under breath)
I don't know. I think they made it up. Maybe it's what they call their place.

Ron
(to girls)
Let's do it.

The girls cheer.

Cut to later. There is a closeup of Ron and Brian in their work suits leaning and talking. Gina and Marci are not in sight. There is disco music playing in the background.

Ron
This is not what I expected at all.

Brian
It makes sense. A roller disco would involve roller skates and disco music.

Ron
You're right. We should have seen this coming.

Brian
I feel overdressed.

Ron
Don't. These other guys look like freaky hobos. Tight, glittery pants don't even belong on a woman.

Brian
Shall we?

Ron
We didn't pay to stand around.

The camera pulls back to show Ron and Brian push off from the rink wall. They both fall hard. Gina and Marci skate to them and help them up.

Gina
Have you boys done this before?

Ron
Of course. I'm just not so good on these rented skates. If I had my own-

Gina
Do you want to go to your place and get the skates?

Ron
I'm worried if we go back to my place, we won't come back.

Gina
Why?

Ron
Because we'd have sex.

Gina
Oh.
(giggle)
That wouldn't be so bad.

Brian
Uh, Ron.

Ron
What is it?

Brian
(under breath to Ron)
I thought I was with Gina.

Ron
(to Brian)
She seems to want to be with me.

Marci
Can I come have sex too?

Ron
Sure.
(to Brian)
Can you get home ok?

Brian
Are you really doing this?

Ron
It looks like it. This is a bad friend move and I apologize already.

Brian
Can you at least drop me off?

Ron
Nope. They seem to be in a hurry.
(beat)
Well, take care.

Ron and the girls leave. Brian kicks the air in anger and falls down.


No comments: