Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Idea #46

Veronica and Lady Ron (see Idea #35) go to a salon for a girls day. The steroids are causing a mustache to grow and some pimples to form on the back of Lady Ron's neck which can be seen now that her hair is in a more masculine style. Her voice might be deeper as well. She refuses each treatment as they are offered. Veronica can only look on in stunned silence. Finally, she can't take it anymore and confronts her.

Veronica
Mary?

Lady Ron
It's Ron or Ronnie.
(getting enraged)
It gets me so mad that people still call me Mary!

Veronica
I'm sorry, Ronnie.

Lady Ron
Don't do it again!

Veronica
I don't remember you being this angry. Are you ok?

Lady Ron
I know. I've been taking these vitamins that Champ got and one of the side effects is explosive anger or rage.

Veronica
Do you need to take them?

Lady Ron
Champ wants me to.

Veronica
You don't have to do everything that Champ wants. You don't have to grow a mustache or cut your hair. You were very pretty.

Lady Ron
What the hell! I thought you of all people would understand how nice it is to not have to worry about feminine upkeep. Do you know how easy it is to get up in the morning and not have to put on all that makeup? It takes me fifteen minutes to get ready now. With the shower.

Veronica
Really?

Lady Ron
I say let yourself be as your body wants to be. I haven't shaved my legs in weeks and I get to wear pants every day. You should try it.

Veronica
I don't know.

Lady Ron
I guess you aren't the independent woman you thought you were. You are still holding on to the ideals imposed by men.

Veronica thinks about. She goes from confused to angry as the thoughts rattle around in her brain.

Veronica
You're right!
(to the beautician)
Cut it all off.
(to Lady Ron)
Ron, let me have one of the vitamins.

Cut to ten minutes later. Veronica is looking in the mirror at the buzz cut she just got. She looks like Susan Powter (see below).

Lady Ron (O.S.)
How do you feel?

Veronica
(beat)
Wow, my head feels so free! I love it!


No comments: