Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Idea #63

Ron walks into the office with headphones on his ears and a wire going from them to a rectangular, electronic device attached to his belt. He is bopping his head and pointing as he walks by people.

Brian
Hey, Ron.

Ron
(loudly)
What? I can't hear you!

Brian
(louder)
Ron, what is that thing?

Ron
(loudly)
It's a Walkman! It lets me listen to music as I walk!

Brian
(loudly)
Wow!

Ron
(loudly)
I know!

Brian
(loudly)
What are you listening to?

Ron
(loudly)
It's the instructions on how to use it and-

Brian makes a motion for Ron to take his headphones off. Ron does.

Ron
(normal)
and things I can do with it.

Brian
So, you can take music with you anywhere?

Ron
That's what it tells me.

Brian
Do you even own any cassettes?

Ron
No, I'm a vinyl man but I heard somewhere that these were the future.

Brian
Veronica said that yesterday on the news. She was sitting right next to you.

Ron
(acting oblivious)
Veronica still works here?

Brian
Oh, I forgot you were still mad about her going on a date with Mantooth and you're pretending she died.

Cut to the news desk a few days ago. Ron and Veronica are sitting side by side.

Ron
Good evening, San Diego. I'm Ron Burgundy and with me as always-
(angry)
Now, that's not funny, guys. Veronica is dead. She got mauled by a bear.

Veronica
How long is this going to last?

Ron
(lets out a scream)
It's a ghost! Everybody run!

Ron runs off the set.

Cut back to Ron and Brian in the present.

Ron
It's not pretend. I'm bringing in an exorcist. Poor thing, hit by a cab and her soul has to roam the halls of this station.

Veronica walks by.

Veronica
Brian.
(glares)
Ron.

Ron
(calls after her)
Don't worry, Ghost Veronica. Someone's coming to guide your soul to Hell where it belongs.
(to Brian)
It gets really cold when she floats by, doesn't it?

No comments: