Thursday, July 17, 2008

Idea #51

Veronica comes in the front door after her salon day with Lady Ron (see Idea #46). Ron hears the door open.


Ron (O.S.)
Honey, is that you?

Veronica
Yes.

Ron walks to the front door.

Ron
How was the-
(looks at her)
Sweet Twiggy's Lashes! What did you do to your head?!?

Veronica
I know it's extreme-

Ron
Extreme?!? You look like a man! A sexy-bodied man...
(beat)
wearing makeup.

Veronica
Are you finished?

Ron
How long is it going to take to grow back?

Veronica
I don't know if I want it to grow back. It feels so free and getting ready in the morning is going to be so much easier.

Ron
They aren't going to let you on the news.

Veronica
Because I have short hair? Be serious, Ron. That's discrimination.

Ron
You look like a turned-on light bulb. Viewers are going to be disgusted.

Veronica
Are you disgusted?

Ron moves up close to her. She opens her arms to hug him. Ron pats her crotch.

Veronica
What are you doing?

Ron
Just checking.

Veronica
(hurt)
You said you would love me if I got in a horrible accident and my face was all scarred. Remember that?

Ron
You have to say that. It's the only way to get a woman to do things to you that she doesn't want to do. Besides, even disfigured, at least you'd look like a disfigured woman. Now, you look like Ziggy Stardust if he went to the army.

Veronica
I hate you! I'm going out!

Veronica runs out of the house.

Ron
(out the door)
Go see if the hairdresser can glue your hair back on!

No comments: