Monday, July 21, 2008

Idea #55

It's Day 2 of the State of Emergency (see Idea #39). Ron is still in charge and Garth is still tethered to the support beam with Champ having just replaced his gag (see Idea #45). Ron addresses the staff.

Ron
Ok, people, we have made it through the night. Brian, what's our food situation?

Brian
That's a problem. We have about a day's supply left.

Ron
I thought you said there was enough food for 10 days.

Brian
I guess I wasn't good at math. And a lot of people took seconds at dinner. Champ took thirds.

Champ
I was really hungry. If it's any consolation, I threw it all up.

Ron
How is that a consolation and Brian, why did you give out more than one portion? Where was I during all of this?

Brian
You were having sex in your office with the two new interns.

Ron
I was not.

Brian
You left the shades open and when I came by, you flexed your arm and said, "Hey Brian, the two new interns! Three hours and counting!"

Ron
We actually went six.

Champ
Nice!

Ron
I know.
(checking himself, addressing the concerned people)
Anyway, we have a food problem. Brian and Brick will be in charge of getting more food. They will have to brave the weather and find something.

Brian
Why us?

Ron
Well you messed up and Brick can help you get through the elements with his weather knowledge. If you leave now, you should be back for dinner.

Brian and Brick head off screen. We cut to them dressed in yellow rain gear standing by the exit to the news station. Ron shakes their hands. They go out the door. Wind and water come rushing in. They trudge out into the storm. Ron and Champ strain to pull the door closed behind them.

Brian
(yelling)
Which way do we go?

Brick
(yelling)
It's really bad out. Do you think there's a storm coming?

No comments: