Monday, June 16, 2008

Idea #24

With the hurricane approaching (see Idea #7) and the failure of the intended horse sacrifice (see Idea #19), Brick starts a new plan to save San Diego. When he doesn't show up for work, Ron goes to Brick's house and finds him building something out of wood.

Ron
Hey, Brick, you didn't show up for work today.

Brick
I know. I'm building this ark.

Ron
If I'm not mistaken, an ark is a boat, right?

Brick
Yup, I'm almost done.

Ron
Really? Almost done? You've nailed three two-by-fours into a triangle.

Brick
I want to save San Diego.

Ron
Brick. Sweet Brick. That's noble. It really is but I don't think all of San Diego is going to fit on your ark.

Brick
It would be tight.

Ron
Do you know how many people live in San Diego?

Brick
Thirty.

Ron
There's more than thirty people working at Channel 4 News.

Brick
I thought the news station was San Diego.

Ron
Then, where do you live, Brick?

Brick
I don't know. I call it Not San Diego.

Ron
Why don't I help you finish this ark so you can come to work tomorrow?

Brick
Ok, Ron, here are the blueprints I drew.

Brick hands Ron a typical rolled-up blueprint. Ron unrolls it to reveal an amazing drawing of a ship. It is intricate and full of detail as if drawn by a naval architect.

Ron
Brick, you drew these?

Brick is sanding one of the corners of the wooden triangle.

Brick
Yeah, I just can't get the front to match.

No comments: