Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Idea #19

Brick Tamland takes up worshipping Poseidon when he can't make sense of how a trident appeared out of nowhere during the news team rumble. Feeling his duty as a weatherman is to not only report but to stop the impending hurricane (see Idea #7), he sets out to quell Poseidon's wrath. Ron finds Brick in the parking lot outside the news studio holding a miniature pony, filling a kiddie pool with a hose, and singing a paean.


Ron
What are you doing, Brick?

Brick
I'm going to drown this horse so the storm goes away.

Ron
I don't think that's a good idea.

Brick
Do you know another way to make Poseidon happy?

Ron
Off the top of my head, you can build him a temple or have a Panhellenic festival. By the way, that kiddie pool is overflowing.

Brick
You're right. This was stupid.

Ron
Brick. Look at me. First, you really have to turn off that hose. Second, I don't know another weatherman that would resort to animal sacrifice to make it nice out. You, my friend, are great.

Brick
Thanks, Ron.

Ron
Sure thing. Now, let's go return that pony.

No comments: