Monday, September 1, 2008

Idea #96

Ron arrives at Ed Harken's office (see Idea #95). He is all cleaned up and looking sharp. Ed and Ron shake hands followed by Ed motioning Ron to sit, which he does.

Ron (see Idea #22)
I just want to say I'm sorry about that whole Diversity thing. I was cocky and I guess I didn't care if I burned some bridges.

Ed
Well, it's water under the bridge and we can use that water to put out the bridge fire.

Ron
That's good. I miss this place. This is where I became The Ron Burgundy.

Ed
I'm sure you've read about the station's ratings.

Ron
Nope.

Ed
Right. Well, we are now third in San Diego and we want you to bring us back to first.

Ron
I can do that. Who's first?

Ed
Wes Mantooth and Channel Nine.

Ron
I thought Mantooth left.

Ed
He did but he came back last year and rocketed Channel Nine to the top.

Ron
That is unacceptable. Ed, I will bring Channel Four back to number one. Wes Mantooth? More like Wes Girltooth. Or even Wes Tooth. Cause there's nothing manly about him.

Ed
I get it. When can you start?

Ron
Give me three days and I'll be back and ready to go.

Ed
Done.

Ron gets up and shakes Ed's hand. Ron heads out the door.

Ed
And Ron?

Ron turns back.

Ed
Everyone's counting on you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your a retard.......
....the movie has to start with him being a world anchor because thats how the other movie ended your freakin moron.

the best and funniest new story line for a movie would be him to go on a trip to the middleeast or somewhere to report an epic story and then him get captured by some rediculous people and the rest of the news team has to save him.
Because it is relatable to the old story, keeps anchorman theme and feel while flowing with the old one without backtracking the story, and keep the story interesting with the ability to throw in new characters into the plot.
Or they can go with something simple like another anchor on a different news group trys to get with cornning stone and will ferrell and his team try to win her back.